My mama’s French toast recipe will change the breakfast game for you forever. It’s a bold statement, but you’ll agree with me soon enough.
Most of us already know how to make French toast. Dip bread in some eggs and throw it on the skillet. Simple enough, right? WRONG. There is a right way to make french toast and I’m about to share it with you.
This French toast recipe is delectable. My mom has truly found the perfect ratio of ingredients to create a balanced level of sweetness.
It starts with the bread. We recommend using brioche, challah, or Texas Toast for a superior experience.
Next, she uses heavy whipping cream instead of milk. I can’t imagine a scenario in which milk would be preferable to whipping cream, and this French toast is just more proof of that! However, we will allow whole milk or half & half in a pinch.
I’ll let you get to the full recipe now. The result will speak for itself! If you make this, tag us, leave a comment, and let us know your thoughts!
Consider baking Angus Barn’s Chocolate Chess Pie for another sweet treat later in the day,
The Only French Toast Recipe You’ll Ever Need
- 8 slices bread We recommend brioche, challah, or texas toast
- 4 eggs large
- 3 tbsp heavy cream
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- pinch salt
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cooking spray
- In a wide, shallow bowl, whisk together eggs, heavy whipping cream, vanilla, brown sugar, cinnamon, and salt. Whisk until smooth and set aside.4 eggs, 3 tbsp heavy cream, 1 tsp vanilla, 1 tbsp brown sugar, 1/4 tsp cinnamon, pinch salt
- Preheat a large pan or griddle to medium to medium-high heat. Add a bit of oil or cooking spray.1 cooking spray
- Dip each slice of bread into the egg mixture, flipping until fully covered.8 slices bread
- Place battered slices into the pan or griddle and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side until golden.
- Enjoy with syrup and your favorite toppings!