We are sharing the BEST Apple Crisp recipe with you. It’s easy, delicious, and the perfect fall dessert to impress your friends. You won’t believe this recipe’s simplicity, especially when you taste the final product!
We recommend eating it warm, topped with vanilla ice cream and caramel sauce. I’m confident this will be your go-to apple crisp recipe from now on!
Gather Your Apple Crisp Ingredients
You probably already have all the ingredients in your pantry, begging you to bring them together to create the best apple crisp! It’s their time to shine.
Slice, Slice, Baby
Prepare the apples by peeling and thinly slicing them before adding them to a baking dish with half a cup of water.
Slicing the apple thin is critical here– you want the slices to bake evenly and become nice and tender.
Create The Crumble
To create the “crisp” (AKA the best part), you need to mix the flour, sugar, spices, and butter in a bowl with a fork. As it blends, it will create a nice crumbly mixture that you’ll then spread over the sliced apples.
Bake The Apple Crisp
Bake the Apple Crisp at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 10 minutes. Then lower it to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and continue baking for another 35 minutes.
During that time, a sweet aroma will fill your home with scents of fall and a burst of serotonin. It’s science.
Top this heavenly dessert with vanilla ice cream (a must) and a drizzle of caramel (negotiable but recommended).
We hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we do and that it becomes a staple in your home!
If you try it out, let us know your thoughts in the comments! Make sure to check out our other recipes as well.
The Best Apple Crisp
- 4 cups apples peeled and thinly sliced, tart apples are best.
- 1/2 cup water
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/4 tsp salt
- ice cream optional topping
- caramel optional topping
- Butter a deep dish baking dish.
- Add sliced apples and water to dish.4 cups apples, 1/2 cup water
- Mix crumble ingredients with a fork until chunky.3/4 cup flour, 1 cup sugar, 1 tsp cinnamon, 1/2 cup butter, 1/4 tsp salt
- Spread crumble over the apples.
- Bake at 400 °F for 10 minutes, then lower temperature to 350 °F and bake for another 35 minutes until apples are tender and crumble is golden brown.
- Serve warm with a scoop of ice cream and drizzle of caramel! Enjoy!ice cream, caramel