You’ll love our recipe if you love a simple, savory chicken salad! It comes from my mama’s mama, lovingly referred to as Grandmazona since I was a little girl. We called her that because she lives in Arizona. She is a fantastic cook, and my mom learned a lot from her–including how to make a mean chicken salad!
This savory chicken salad is flavored with tarragon and gets a satisfying crunch from finely diced celery. It is simple, easy, and the perfect filling for a delicious sandwich!
It Starts With The Chicken
This chicken salad recipe is unique in the way the chicken is prepared. We bake it in the oven covered in heavy whipping cream. The chicken soaks up the cream and comes out incredibly tender, juicy, and easy to break up.
Add All The Ingredients Together
To the chicken, add mayo, sour cream, nuts, celery, tarragon, and salt and pepper to taste. Don’t you love a recipe that lets you dump it all in?
Mix It Up!
This chicken salad can be eaten in many ways, but a croissant sandwich is our favorite! Chicken salad sandwiches taste better on a buttery croissant, and we stand by that.
Add some crunchy, fresh lettuce, and you have the perfect lunch.
If you try out this recipe, let us know what you think! Grab a picture and tag us on Instagram, too! We love seeing what you make.
Tarragon Chicken Salad Recipe
- 3 lbs chicken breast boneless
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 celery ribs finely chopped
- 1 tbsp dried tarragon
- 1/2 cup nuts optional. use your favorite such as walnuts or pecans
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 °F degrees.
- Cook the chicken. Place chicken breasts in a single layer in a large jelly-roll pan. Spread evenly with cream and bake for20-25 or until cooked through. Let cool.3 lbs chicken breast, 1 cup heavy cream
- Shred or dice chicken.
- Whisk sour cream and mayonnaise together and pour over the chicken.1/2 cup sour cream, 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- Add celery, nuts, tarragon, salt and pepper to taste, and toss.2 celery ribs finely chopped, 1 tbsp dried tarragon, 1/2 cup nuts, salt, pepper
- Refrigerate for a few hours. Taste and adjust seasoning to your liking.