It’s peach season, and we are ready to celebrate in the kitchen and in the community! Did you know North Carolina is the seventh-highest producer of peaches in the country, and the town of Candor is titled the Peach Capital of NC?
If you have some beautiful, juicy peaches in your fridge right now, chances are they came from Candor.
Every year, Candor throws a Peach Festival and this year is the 25th anniversary.
For a week beginning July 13th, Candor pulls out all the stops to celebrate peaches. What makes this year extra special is that their neighbors at Pinehurst, Southern Pines, and Aberdeen CVB are extending the fun with PEACH WEEK.
Visit the Home of American Golf from July 13-22 to enjoy a week of peach-themed fun, including specialty peach dishes at participating restaurants, golf tournaments, peach wine tastings, free movies, and more.
My mama and I can’t resist joining in on the fun! This outstanding peach recipe is brought to you by Peach Week, and we think you will LOVE it. This is one of our favorite recipes we’ve created so far!
Peach Burrata Flatbread
If you haven’t tried peaches in a savory dish, your world is about to be rocked in the best way. While we love a sweet peach cobbler as much as the next person, this flatbread is surprising and absolutely delicious.
You’ll start with a flatbread. We like to get ours from Trader Joe’s, but any flatbread will do. Naan or pita would work well too!
Brush the flatbread with olive oil and sprinkle on some salt. Next comes my favorite part: the burrata! Burrata is one of my favorite cheeses and is similar to mozzarella but softer. Break it apart and lay the pieces across the flatbread.
Layer peach slices and prosciutto on the cheese and place in a 450-degree Fahrenheit oven for 8-10 minutes.
Once cooked, add the finishing ingredients: arugula, glazed pecans, and hot honey! We love hot honey, but regular honey will work well here too.
This flatbread is an incredible combination of sweet and savory ingredients, with peach being the star of the show. We know you’ll love this flatbread as much as we do!
Peach Burrata Flatbread
- 1 flatbread
- 8 oz burrata
- 1 peach fresh, peeled and sliced
- 2-3 slices prosciutto
- fresh basil to taste
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cups arugula
- 1/3 cup glazed pecans
- hot honey regular honey also works
- Preheat oven to 450 °F
- Brush the flatbread with olive oil and sprinkle salt on top.1 flatbread
- Tear open the burrata and break it into pieces, spreading them evenly spaced across the flatbread. You do not need to cover the entire flatbread. The cheese will melt and spread in the oven.8 oz burrata
- Place the peach slices and prosciutto on top of the cheese. Sprinkle basil over top.1 peach, 2-3 slices prosciutto, fresh basil
- Place in oven to cook for 8-10 minutes or until golden and cheese is melted.
- Drizzle a teaspoon of olive oil on the arugula and massage with your hands.1 tbsp olive oil, 2 cups arugula
- Spread the massaged arugula over the flatbread.
- Add glazed nuts and a drizzle of hot honey.1/3 cup glazed pecans, hot honey