Kabobs are a staple in our home year-round, especially during the summer.
I don’t know about you, but the sweltering North Carolina heat makes me want to spend as little time cooking as possible. Kabobs are easy to whip up, toss on the grill, and enjoy with fresh sides.
We also love kabobs as a fun main dish for our family cookouts. It’s nice to switch it up from the usual hamburgers and hotdogs in favor of something that feels a little more elegant and healthy.
I grew up eating kabobs, which were always one of my mom’s favorite dishes, but her marinade required a lot of ingredients and preparation, so we didn’t make them often.
Now that we’ve discovered The Butcher’s Market’s marinades, kabobs are on the menu weekly, and we’ve never been happier!
The Butcher’s Market has multiple marinades that are all delicious, but the signature marinade is our go-to. We marinate chicken and steak tips in the refrigerator for at least one hour before cooking.
We then skewer the meat with fresh red onion and bell peppers to create a delicious and colorful arrangement.
Tip: If using wooden skewers, soak them in water before grilling to ensure they don’t catch fire!
When grilling kabobs, we turn the grill on to medium-high heat and turn the skewers regularly to get a nice char on all sides until the desired internal temperature is reached–about 10 minutes.
As always, we love serving dinner with The Butcher’s Market prepared sides for ultimate convenience, and their cheesy mashed potatoes and green beans were the perfect accompaniment.
Grilled Kabobs W/ The Butcher’s Market
- 1/2 lbs steak tips
- 1/2 lbs chicken
- The Butcher’s Market Signature Marinade
- 1 red onion chopped into large pieces
- 1 bell peppers chopped into large pieces
- Marinate the meat. Place steak tips and chicken in a bag with The Butcher’s Market Signature marinade. Allow to sit in the fridge for at least one hour before cooking.1/2 lbs steak tips, 1/2 lbs chicken, The Butcher’s Market Signature Marinade
- Thread meat and vegetables on the skewers, leaving a little space between each one.1 red onion, 1 bell peppers
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Grill the skewers, turning periodically until desired internal temperature is reached.
- Serve and enjoy!