My dad loves burgers. The patty’s flavor is most important to him, and he swears that a quality burger does not need a ton of seasoning. When we grill at home, we get the meat from The Butcher’s Market and season it with salt, pepper, and their House Seasoning. Simple and delicious.
When we want to spice it up (literally), we make my dad’s favorite burgers topped with avocado, pepper jack cheese, and jalapeno.
Keep It Simple
As I mentioned, we believe good quality meat only needs a little seasoning. We stick with salt, pepper, and The Butcher’s Market House Seasoning.
The most important thing to remember is to let it rest before grilling! Give it at least ten minutes before cooking it. You’ll get a more flavorful and tender final result.
Grill It Up!
If you aren’t confident in “eye-balling” the doneness of your burgers, we have a couple of tips for you.
- A quality meat thermometer will be the safest bet in ensuring the patty is cooked to your preference. We prefer our burgers to be cooked to medium-well, so we grill them until they reach 150 degrees Fahrenheit. This typically takes around 4 minutes on each side.
- When using the meat thermometer, insert it through the side of the patty rather than the top. This will give you a more accurate reading of the middle of the burger.
Add cheese to each patty in the last couple minutes of grilling and allow it to melt.
Assemble Your Burgers
Chop your veggies and assemble burgers to your liking!
The Butcher’s Market’s Prepared Sides Make For A Perfect Meal!
As always, we recommend checking out the prepared sides from The Butcher’s Market to go with your burger. We enjoyed their baked beans and pesto tortellini pasta salad!
Dad’s Favorite Burgers FT. The Butcher’s Market
- 1 pound ground beef
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- The Butcher’s Market house seasoning to taste
- 1 jalapeño chopped (optional)
- 1 avocado sliced
- pepper jack cheese
- Form ground beef into four patties1 pound ground beef
- Sprinkle burgers with salt, pepper, and The Butcher's Market House Seasoning. Rest for at least ten minutes.salt, pepper, The Butcher’s Market house seasoning
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Place patties on preheated grill and cook until desired doneness using a meat thermometer. About four minutes each side.
- Serve with desired toppings and enjoy!1 jalapeño, 1 avocado, pepper jack cheese