The Butcher’s Market’s Valentine’s Day Dinner is perfect for a romantic, high-quality meal at home. My mom and I recently picked up one of their dinner packages and found it easy to prepare.
I know cooking with raw meat or seafood can be intimidating, but I promise it’s easier than you think. With a few ingredients for seasoning already in our pantry, we created a lovely and delicious meal.
Various Valentine’s Dinner packages, like filet and shrimp, filet and lobster, petite sirloin, tenderloin tip, or salmon fillet, are available. Take home a superb, easy-to-prepare dinner that will surely impress anyone.
We tried out the most popular package, which includes two filet mignons, two coldwater lobster tails, two twice-baked potatoes, and chocolate-covered strawberries.
Neither of us had ever cooked a lobster tail at home, and after this experience, we agreed that we would do it more often! These meaty, quality lobsters from The Butcher’s Market are so simple to prepare and rival any restaurant we’ve been to.
One of the many reasons we love shopping there is that it encourages us to try new things in the kitchen, and we’ve never regretted it.
This meal turned out better than we hoped, and you can watch our process in the kitchen in the video at the top of this post. We had a great time cooking and an even better time eating!
We will return to The Butcher’s Market as each holiday rolls around because after trying their holiday roast and this Valentine’s Day meal, we don’t want to miss out on everything else they have in store!
The Butcher’s Market’s Valentine’s Day Dinner
- 2 strips filet mignon
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 lobster tails cold water
- 4 Tbsp butter melted
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp dried parsley
- Prepare the steak. Remove filets from refrigerator and let them rest for 20-30 minutes at room temperature. Blot dry with paper towel and sprinkle with salt.2 strips filet mignon, salt
- Preheat oven to 400 °F
- Cook the steak. Heat an oven-safe skillet to medium-high heat on the stovetop. Add oil and butter; once melted and hot, add the steaks to the pan. Cook without moving them for 2 1/2 minutes on each side.1 tbsp olive oil, 1 tbsp butter
- Place the skillet in the oven for 5-8 minutes or until desired internal temperature is reached. Remove steaks and allow to rest a few minutes before serving them.
- Cut open the lobster tails. Using sharp kitchen kitchen shears or a knife, cut a line down the middle of the exterior, making two small snips to either side once you reach the tail, forming a "T" shape. Break open the exterior, place your thumbs under the meat, and pull it up, placing it on top of the cracked exterior.2 lobster tails
- Prepare the lobster tails. Mix together lobster tail ingredients and brush on top of the lobster.4 Tbsp butter, 1/2 tsp paprika, 1/4 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp pepper, 1/4 tsp garlic powder, 1/4 tsp dried parsley
- Broil the lobster tails for 7-10 minutes or until lobster reaches an internal temperature of 140 °F.