- This event has passed.
Indian Street Food Discovery Dinner
August 9 @ 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Mehfil and event host Asheville Guide have collaborated to feature an adventurous menu created just for the evening – exploring the flavors found from the vibrant street food vendors in India.
This will be a very energetic evening as we grab your hand and lead you on a culinary journey starting with a traditional summertime welcome drink of Jal Jerra then continuing with 8 small plate courses:
- Jal Jerra (tangy, sour, and aromatic spice drink served before meals)
- Pani Puri (crispy, hollow, fried dough balls stuffed with potatoes, spicy tangy water, and a sweet chutney)
- Papad Chaat (roasted papad topped with a mixture of roasted peanuts, chaat masala, and lemon juice)
- Vada Sambar (fluffy and crispy donut shaped lentil fritters served with aromatic soup of vegetables, lentils, and spices)
- Dhai Pav puri (fried small golgappas balls made from semolina/flour filled with potato, cilantro chutney, tamarind chutney, yogurt and sprinkled with spices)
- Gobi (cauliflower based dish)
- Chiken Kati Roll (Made with juicy chicken marinated in creamy yogurt and spices, then rolled up in a buttery, flaky paratha with peppers, onions, and green chutney)
- Mini Dosa (thin, crisp crepe with tangy savory taste)
- Carrot Halwa (carrot dessert dish delicately scented with cardamon power and garnished with chopped nuts)
Music provided by live dj Jaze Uriez setting the vibe.
Bring your friends or invite a date. These dinners sell out fast so do not wait to register as tickets are limited.
*Vegetarian option available. Please request at checkout.
*Water and Tea will be included in the ticket price. Alcoholic beverages and gratuity are separate. Details of the evening are subject to change. There will be no refunds, but tickets are transferable.