- Broiled Scallops- I was really impressed with these and everyone at the table agreed that they were the winners. My fork sliced right through them, meaning that they were incredibly tender and not at all rubbery. The portion was fantastic and fitting for the price!
- Collard Greens- No-one can make greens quite like my late grandmother, but I applaud them for coming pretty darn close!
- Fried Flounder/Shrimp- The fried seafood is what this spot is really known for so you can’t go wrong here!
- Grilled Shrimp- Not interested in the fried stuff? The grilled shrimp were cooked perfectly and had great flavor. These are a great option.
- Pie- Their house made pies are famous and it took me entirely too long to order a slice. I will never come here again without ordering one!
I’d argue that this spot is one of the most iconic in eastern North Carolina. Nestled on the New River, this restaurant has been offering beautiful views and southern seafood since 1946. In addition to the endless hushpuppies, my favorite item is the broiled scallops. They are some of the best I’ve ever had. If you’re a fried seafood fan, it’s tremendous here. Make sure to order a slice of pie for dessert.